The UK Government requires certain people to self-isolation for 14 days upon entering the UK.
The most up to date rules are available here:
At the time of writing, in summary this means students should:
1. Travel directly to their accommodation, wearing a mask if using public transport. Alternatively, Study Links can provide door-to-door Covid-safe transport.
2. Stay in the homestay’s house for 14 days (no visitors).
3. Stay in the bedroom (unless using shared bathroom)
4. Keep a safe distance away from others in the homestay (ideally 2 meters), and maintain good hygiene to prevent risk of infection.
5. Only in very exceptional circumstances move homestay during the quarantine. If students move, a new UK government location form must be completed.
Students and schools are continuing to book Study Links’ homestay for quarantine.
This service will be provided to all of our students and partners who need it throughout the academic year.
As a brief introduction, students can expect the following in our quarantine/self-isolation in homestay:
• Treated like family
• Comfortable, private bedrooms, often with own television
• Private bathroom facilities. Where these are fully booked, enhanced cleaning procedures in shared bathrooms will be followed
• Home cooked meals prepared by homestay
• Access to the garden area for fresh air and exercise
• Separate towels
• Covid-19 secure transfers from airport to homestay, homestay to school etc with our long standing, trusted partners (prices available on request)
• A welcoming, safe environment to study, relax and improve levels of English
• Homestays are up to date with current government COVID-19 guidelines
• Full Study Links support in case of Covid-19 symptoms
If you need to book quarantine, or you are a homestay able to provide quarantine, please contact us today.